A long journey but well worth it for everyone who traveled given the picturesque grass pitch we were given and the exciting game. We arrive at a reasonable time before kick off and get a good warm up in. Although the opposition is delayed due to late arrivals and wardrobe issues it doesn’t distract our focus. We start very well in a controlled manner with a 4 – 4 – 2 formation ( Andy, Stef, Paul, Flabbo, Scott, Matt, Nick, Henry, Hao, Forlan and Richard).

We dominate the 1st ten to fifteen minutes and Forlan is unlucky not to score on two occasions. However, after a few nervous moments from us the back they break well and score two goals in quick succession. We now unfortunately lose our shape and composure. Matt and Scott are like Bambi on ice with inappropriate footwear, Nick has to come off through illness and is replaced by Ed who has a good game. We also lose the battle in midfield. Hao then slides in late in the half and they get a penalty. Everyone starts to think this game is dead and buried but Andy saves brilliantly and we go on it half time only two nil down.

We regroup and decide to go back to the original plan or spreading the ball wide and hitting on the counter. Changes are made with Colin on for Hao and Flabbo moving into midfield with Henry.

This half was extremely eventful so I will try and get it all in the right order. Flabbo gets to grip in midfield and Colin is decisive at the back and forms a strong defensive unit with Paul. We get a penalty and Flabbo drills to ball home to bring us back into the game. Chi then comes on for Scott at right back. Cowley then puts Forlan through who calmly slots in the equalizer. Forlan’s celebration involves a sprint across the pitch reminiscent of Adebayor at the Emirates recently. The opposition are rocked and our superior fitness starts to show (good work at training Mr Cowley). Andy then continues his best game in a Nitespartans shirt and brilliantly tips one over the bar, has some good clean glove work as well as a save where he "uses the force" and does not even need to look. Varun comes on for Paul and Henry goes to centre back where he does some excellent defending. They hit the bar. Varun playing in a new roving role has the bit in his teeth and plays like and Indian McManaman. He flys past two players on the right and is joined by Cowley who he picks out superbly. The move started at the back where Stef made a determined run past a few of their players. Everything goes quiet and into slow motion as all eyes are on Cowley … He makes no mistake and we are in the lead! What a comeback.

A few half chances at each end finish with the opposition getting a free kick which they shoot under the wall the equalize. Both teams play a scrappy final few minutes until the final whistle comes to everyone’s relief.

Well done to everyone, a great team effort to get a point after being 2 – 0 down. Great character and determination showed by all.

SCORE : 3 – 3
SCORERS: Flabbo (pen), Forlan, Cowley
MOM: Andy
MOTD (Mug of the day): Matt