Left-right Sanju (GK), Tel-Colin-Leandro-DanH, Mike, Luke-Henry-Sean-Sanj, Forlan


The match started at a brisk pace with the ball in the air a lot of the time due to the poor state of the grass pitch. Our 3 man midfield was winning lots of possession and the opposition was limited to long range balls. Some early attacks down the wings fizzled out however momentum was building with Forlan getting into dangerous positions.


After an earful from the sidelines the linesman decided his dodgy offside calls were becoming rather blatant. Forlan managed to evade a few defenders and rounded the keeper, only to see his side foot towards the goal get ‘stuck in the mud’, with everyone shouting at Sanj to get to the ball, Sanj looked like a Steam train pulling out of a station, lots of leg movement but no forward momentum for a few seconds before he sped up towards the box, one of their defenders made it to the line, fortunately Sanj’s shot ricocheted off the defenders foot into the top of the net – 1-nil up


On a quick break Henry had the ball in midfield, drove forward a few paces and put a perfect pass between their back four for Forlan to take a couple of touches and make it 2-nil. A few more chances from corners and some loose balls on the edge of the box from solid build up play saw us coming in at half time confident of improving on goal difference.


Half time DanH & Sanj off, BigDan on as left back with Terry switching to RB and Pete on the wing.


The opposition made a few changes on the half as well and came out looking like a different team, they started man marking Henry and were winning a lot more balls and keeping possession. Pete made an impact on the right with a few good breaks and after one long run found himself in the box and made the keeper make an impressive save to keep the score at 2-0.

With the pressure building we started giving away free kicks in our half, one such from just inside our half  saw the ball evade Henry and go all the way through our defense finding an unmarked opposition player who slotted home to make it 2-1.


5 mins in Jamil on for Luke


With the opposition sniffing a comeback we looked all at sea, Colin must have mentioned something to Leandro about has ancestors being in the Falkland islands in 1765 before Argentina was even a country at half time as they were not talking to each other and kept colliding for the same balls, what should have been an easy clearance saw Colin pass the ball across the edge of the box perfectly lined up for an opposition player running to run on to and bury in the bottom right corner 2-2 and suddenly a draw was looking the best we could get.


Yet we still had Forlan up front, after a few balls got caught up at the other end and some well timed fouls from the opposition went unpunished, Forlan evaded 2 defenders and when the keeper came out he calmly chipped over to make it 3-1


10mins to go Sean off, Pete moving into midfield and Patrick on the wing


2nd half seemed a bit short – but not really complaining coming off with a 3:2 win after the Christmas break and leaves us 4th on goal difference – 1 point off 2nd and 4 points of 1st with 10 games to go


goal clips online at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmUyqNDih9A&feature=youtu.be


This weekend we have 2 tough cup games


Reply to the subsequent emails